ads

Welcome to the Civil Service Examination Blog

I am Jed Tedor, a Civil Service Professional Passer and a Registered Electrical Engineer. I took the civil service professional eligibility exam when I was 21 years old, in Cagayan de Oro, Region X on a Sunday morning of July 27, 2008. It was a tiring day overall, I got knocked off in the theatre as I watched The Dark Knight, which was showing at that time. The result was released around October of the same year, I nearly forgot about the exam as I thought I had failed it. It was, after all, very very difficult. About 52,000 took and luckily I am one of the 5, 286 who passed it. It was a very a good feeling to have passed a qualifying exam. To what the exam qualifies for, I didn't know. I took the exam as a practice exam for my upcoming electrical board exam, which I took a year after.

ABOUT THIS BLOG: This Blog post will tackle about the exam process, i'll post my certificate and sample pictures here, I'll post the results and exam schedule. It will talk everything you need to know about passing the civil service examination.. Pls. follow me as I will continue on posting as the days go by. I hope this blog helps those who will take the exams for the first time and help realize the past mistakes for those who have failed it.


Friday, April 29, 2011

Preparation on the Day of Civil Service Examination

Are you ready for May 22? There is still too much time to study!!

After all that studying, will you be ready for the day of examination?

On the day of examination:

1. You should have enough sleep.
2. You should have eaten your early breakfast. Just light breakfast guys!! Don't let your tummy so full because all the blood circulation will focus on digesting your food and not to the brains.
3. Drink vitamins, this will help nourish your brains.
4. Pray. Pray. Pray.
5. Ask for good luck from your family.
6. Stay calm.
7. Be on time.
8. Drink 2 glasses of water 30 minutes before the exam and make sure you pee before the exam starts. Don't drink too much water though right before the exam started. Have a bottle of water with you so you can sip on it when your mouth starts to dry from answering. Before the exam, the proctor will ask the examiners to takeoff the labels from the bottles of your mineral water or drinks, you can remove them earlier before the exam. This will make you feel that you are ready for the exam when/if the proctor asks to remove the labels. You can strut your unlabeled bottles. LOL.
9. Don't forget those things you prepared before the exam. The list is HERE.
10. Smile. Keep a happy mood.Don't get distracted from other takers. There will be coughs, murmurs while solving difficult questions, crisscrossing, pencils falling.
11. Always listen to the proctor.
12. Keep a sharp mind.

enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. How long is the time alloted for the exam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around 6:00 AM the gates were opened. Around 6:30, Filling of personal information and checking attendance started. around 7:30 the exam proper started and ended around 11:30. So around 4 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Is there a dress code for the exam? Are we allowed to wear shorts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question.. I don't know or the info has left my brains .. I think it is inappropiate to wear shoes and sandals on a professional exam though.. If shorts are forbidden, let me check on that. But it's better to be sure that you are dressed properly, wear jeans and closed shoes. I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. I think this is applicable to any examinees of any examination. Thanks for the tips. Though I am not easily get distracted with other examinees, I get distracted with my own self. I don't really know why I get cold when I am taking long examination. It's so hard because I have to buy to answer the examination sheet. Wew!

    Mariel from Cagayan de Oro (http://www.cdokay.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sir jed wait ko po ung civil service exam reviewers sana po ma dropbox mo rin po sakin e2 po account ko rnbjayar@gmail.com.than you sir..

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment below:

Get widget