ads

Welcome to the Civil Service Examination Blog

I am Jed Tedor, a Civil Service Professional Passer and a Registered Electrical Engineer. I took the civil service professional eligibility exam when I was 21 years old, in Cagayan de Oro, Region X on a Sunday morning of July 27, 2008. It was a tiring day overall, I got knocked off in the theatre as I watched The Dark Knight, which was showing at that time. The result was released around October of the same year, I nearly forgot about the exam as I thought I had failed it. It was, after all, very very difficult. About 52,000 took and luckily I am one of the 5, 286 who passed it. It was a very a good feeling to have passed a qualifying exam. To what the exam qualifies for, I didn't know. I took the exam as a practice exam for my upcoming electrical board exam, which I took a year after.

ABOUT THIS BLOG: This Blog post will tackle about the exam process, i'll post my certificate and sample pictures here, I'll post the results and exam schedule. It will talk everything you need to know about passing the civil service examination.. Pls. follow me as I will continue on posting as the days go by. I hope this blog helps those who will take the exams for the first time and help realize the past mistakes for those who have failed it.


Friday, March 18, 2011

Tip: Self-study..Evaluate yourself.. know your strengths and weaknesses..

SELF-STUDY 
 At age of 20, I already knew my mental strengths. Everybody should know this once they graduated college. I knew I'm naturally good at math and logic, specifically algebra and word problems. I also know I'm good at sentence construction. So after looking at the reviewer, I evaluated myself. There was a big chance I could pass the exam based on my strengths. I also knew I have a weakness with memorization of laws and difficult word analogies.
 What I did was I didn't bother with my weaknesses first but focused on my strength because I know this is the only way I could slightly enjoy a very difficult exam and would be my only ALAS in passing it. I practiced word problems so I could solve it faster and accurately. I did some word constructions problems. And lastly, practiced word analogies to prepare for the whole exam because I also know that this would be the reason I could fail the exam.

Tips:
1. You need to know more than half of the exam coverage to have a chance on passing the exam. If you know your weaknesses are about half of the coverage, then you have to study-harder and faster.. Double-time..
2. Focus first on what is easy for you.
3. I would recommend prioritizing on practicing the MATH problems as this would take time.
4. The exam will be very difficult, even those who came on top would say that.

4 comments:

  1. shara jane c. refugioNovember 26, 2012 at 5:01 PM

    i agree

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reviewing by myself and at a lost with how to start. I know mathematics is my weak point. I don't know from what fields the questions would be coming from, whether it would include calculus, or geometry, etc. Coz of that, I'm just currently "trying" to improve my calculation skills. I've been told that calculators are not allowed in the exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO I NEED TO MEMORIZE 500 VOCABULARY WORDS? HOW MANY PERCENT DO YOU THINK i WILL PASS THE EXAM? IKNOW A LITTLE BIT IN ALGEBRA AND SIMPLE MATH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelica Panlilio SungaJanuary 12, 2015 at 2:14 PM

    Hi po ask kolang po kung anu po ginamit nyo na pang review for the examination po pls,,

    ReplyDelete

Post your comment below:

Get widget